Dancing and exercising is in every day program for our kids during the Summer Camp. Normally kids exercise all the time without even thinking of it. Just being active, like when you run around outside or play kickball is a kind of exercise. What else counts as exercise?
Playing sports, dancing, doing push-ups, and even reaching down to touch your toes.
When you exercise, you’re helping build a strong body that will be able to move around and do all the stuff you need it to do. Let’s try to be active every day and our body will thank us later! Everyone can benefit from regular exercise.
Kids who are active will:
- have stronger muscles and bones
- have a leaner body because exercise helps control body fat
- be less likely to become overweight
- decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- possibly lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels
- have a better outlook on life